Hi ladies.  I have a few confessions to make.  I fell off the wagon and gained a few pounds back.  I’m still under 180 which is great in the big picture.  I needed help and was ashamed to ask for it.  Ashamed to ask for help when I haven’t been around to even be supporting the rest of you.  Ashamed that I was feeling like a bad Sista and I didn’t deserve to be called a Sista.  Sometimes I don’t feel like I deserve to be in the Sistahood at all.  Enough of that, time to move on.

My life has been very busy lately, it’s been hard to make time for everything I want to achieve in a day, hard to make time for blogs and twitter.  I’ve been working more, busy in the evenings with obligations and not home on the weekends for almost a whole month.  I feel squashy.

Monday came around and this beauty showed up for me in a big box from the man in brown.

TrekI wrote a bit about our maiden voyage on Friday.  It’s been rainy since, so we haven’t yet gone on another adventure together, but Monday is looking pretty good and I don’t have to work.  Not at my job anyway.

So now I’m a PetSaver instructor (pet first aid and CPR) and I need somewhere to teach my classes.  It seemed like a good idea to ask my contact over at the YMCA in my area.  Although it won’t work out for me to hold my classes there, I was asked to write a testimonial for the annual report.  WHOAH!!  That’s freaking cool, and offers me a lot of accountability right now.  This is just what I needed to help me get back on track since I was too much of a chicken to reach out to the Sistahood.

Balance.  I still continue to struggle with balancing my life, but I will try and figure it out.  Planning is going to be essential.  I’ve made a proposal to my friends at the YMCA which I’m not going to talk about right now.  But it will provide me with huge amounts of accountability if it works out.  Plus you’ll hear me talking about the Y tons more if this works out, too.

I have a lot of catching up to do, so I really would love for you to leave a comment and let me know how you’re doing.  And please accept my apologies for my absence lately.

Here’s looking forward to a great show tomorrow evening, all about plateaus!  That should come in handy for me right now.  I am working on getting past this “mental” plateau.  Ha.  Can’t wait to hear how our Mamavation Moms are doing on their campaign!

13 Comments

1. There are days I feel like you. I love supporting others but yet I have trouble supporting myself making me feel bad. Hang in there. Remember to shout out when you need help. Someone is always around.

2. Kim
    12:03 pm on May 2nd, 2010

How dare you have a life! *snort* Honey, we are here for you even if you feel you don’t deserve it, so get that thought out of your head! I’ve fallen off the wagon so many times in the last few yrs that it’s not even funny & I wish I’d have people like y’all around me! What are we here for, if not for when you need us the most? *smoooooooooooooooch*

3. kia
    3:37 pm on May 2nd, 2010

Glad to have you back. We’ll see how it goes, that is up to you. XOXO

4. Laurie
    6:53 pm on May 3rd, 2010

What a fantastic bike! I love it when the man in brown brings fun surprises! You know, most everyone falls off the wagon once in awhile… the important thing is you have picked yourself back up and are ready to give it a go again. Let me know if you need anything! Good luck this week!

5. Angela
    6:56 pm on May 3rd, 2010

Thanks, Karla. It’s good to know that I’m not alone. xoxo

6. Angela
    6:57 pm on May 3rd, 2010

Kim, you rock. You absolutely rock and I’m so proud of you and your adventure right now. Thank you so much for supporting me, too. MWAH

7. Angela
    6:57 pm on May 3rd, 2010

Thanks sis. <3

8. Angela
    6:58 pm on May 3rd, 2010

I know! I know!! The bike is my early Mother’s Day Gift, what a wonderful gift from my family. I fall off the wagon a lot, but looking at the big picture, I’ve still made it part way to my destination. Thanks sweetie.

9. Aww! DOn’t be so hard on yourself! We’re always here for ya!

LOVE the new wheels!!!!!!!! :)

Congrats on your PetSaver cert!

Lisa
    @ljenator

10. Don’t beat yourself up. One thing I have learned about this group of awesome ladies is that no one judges!

Everyone realizes that we are human and will have slips. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off a little and keep MOVING! (and drinking lots of water too hehe)

11. We are standing in the same spot. So we can run after the wagon together. Grab my hand and don’t let go, cause I plan on not letting go myself.

DOn’t beat yourself up, jump on the bike and petal. Those pounds will fall off!

12. We are always here for you..1,000% girl!! Let us know how we can help motivate and support you! Together…we can do this! HUGS!

@gutimom

13. What can Brown do for you? lol! I laugh at that b/c my last name is Brown. Love deliveries to our house too. We don’t expect (at least I know I dont) for Sistas to be around all the time, we all have lives too. Hope you can get past your mental plateau. I’ve had once of those recently myself. ((hugs)) Have a great week!